Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Speechless


The wedding I shot Saturday was on the eastern slope of the Cascade Mountains. Because work was going to take me to such an amazing area, I decided to add a couple of play days to the trip and see what kind of landscape pictures I might find.

The trip has literally left me speechless, which I’ve learned over the years is kind of the way a good mountain adventure works for me. I spend hours or days away from humanity, out in the back country. When the trip ends and I return home, I exist in a bit of a blissed-out fog for a day or two, struggling with reentry.

Fortunately, the camera allows me to share what I saw, even though I’m unable to find language to describe the experience. All I can come up with are a few words of postcard-ese:

Went to the mountains.
Got up early for sunrise pictures.
Felt lazy and napped in the afternoons.
Took pictures again at sunset.

Love to everyone back home.