Thursday, August 7, 2014

More Faces in Leh, Ladakh


(Leah and I recently returned from a three week trip to India and Nepal. This is the fourth of about 10 daily posts I will do, sharing photos and journal notes I made as we traveled.)

Leh, Ladakh
Wednesday July 2

We were back to poking around the streets and alleyways of Leh again today, exploring, meeting new people, just kinda hangin' out.

The Dalai Lama's Kalachakra teaching begins tomorrow for monks and nuns, but not till the day after that for regular folks like Leah and me. That's a good thing, because we keep hearing about new things to see and do in and around Leh while we have "free time"

The BEST NEWS OF ALL is that I received notification today that I will get a media pass to photograph Kalachakra!  A number of people assisted me in this, and I will do my best to do good work on their behalf.