Friday, April 17, 2009

Too Cute?


Holy Hallmark Cards, Batman! A bit over a week ago I posted photos of newborn baby lambs, warm-and-fuzzy pictures I shot at my neighbor’s place. After that I posted photographs of our cute kitty-cat, followed by several posts showing Buddhist monks making a sand mandala that, among other things, would help spread prayers for World Peace.

Today I share an image I shot yesterday of a bird in a blossom-filled tree in our back yard. I looked out my door, saw this amazing little creature flitting around in the blooming red plum, and went running for my SLR and a telephoto lens. My neighbor -- who coincidentally is also a photographer, and super-coincidentally is quite serious about photographing birds -- says this little feathered miracle is a Ruby Crowned Kinglet. He was a tiny bugger, about the size of a hummingbird.

But...what I'm wondering about myself is: Can I get any squishier in the content of my pictures? What kind of happy pills is someone slipping into my morning cup of herbal tea, anyway?

Maybe I need to switch to regular, caffeinated tea...you know, the hard stuff.