Friday, August 29, 2008

Playing Dressup


It’s pretty unusual for me to post my wedding work on this blog site. More often than not I want this online journal to be about my personal, not my professional photographs.

Today I can’t help myself though--I just have to share these “work” pictures. The past few days I’ve been assembling an album of photographs shot at a recent wedding where my bride and groom clients asked the children of their adult friends to be the “wedding party.” Rather than the pre-wedding moments I normally photograph where grown-up groomsmen are fussing with ties and cummerbunds and bridesmaids are making sure their make-up is just perfect, this wedding was, well, sweetly childlike.

I suppose that one day these children will grow up and learn to fuss and stress just like adults, but for now they are happy and peaceful, and being part of a wedding was simply a time to play dress-up.