Friday, August 1, 2008

Dumb and Dumber


You are looking at visual documentation of how it is that my pocket snapshot camera buddy came to have a dent in the front of his lens barrel.

Stupidity on my part is what we’re talking about...stupidity that brought on get-out-of-my-face wrath and vicious pecking on the part of a chicken.

A couple of days ago I got the bright idea that it’d be fun to lower my camera friend down into the nest while one of our hens was laying an egg. “Bright colors, cool shapes,” thought I.

“I’m not sure this is a good idea,” said the camera.

“A freaking invasion of my personal space,” the chicken complained later.

Oh my, that chicken got pissed! A moment after my camera's arrival in her nest, the hen cackled her obvious displeasure (see image below) and reared back and gave Mr. Canon a sharp beak-jab to the eye. Momentarily stunned, the camera --and his dumbass male sidekick (that would be me)-- retreated away from the nest.

Mulling over the beating we’d just taken, my camera buddy and I came up with new plan:

Leave the grumpy old dames alone during childbirth.