Thursday, May 3, 2007

Bob's Party

Seems like my blog postings are getting a little Heavy. It’s time to share some PARTY PICS!!!

Last weekend we went to a birthday party/roast for our friend Bob DeGiulio. The party was held in an artist’s studio-loft on Capitol Hill in Seattle. Here’s a snap of Bob (he’s the dapper dude in the suit) bein’ goofy with the writer Tim Egan.

Bob, Tim and I spent the semi-early years of our journalism careers at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Bob and I were photographers, Tim a reporter. Tim now works for the New York Times and his book about the Dust Bowl, “The Worst Hard Time,” won a National Book Award.

Many of the party guests were folks from the journalism scene in Seattle. I used my snapshot camera to self-portraitize myself (I’m the lucky boy in the middle) with my buds Ben Benschneider and Betty Udesen, both photographers at the Seattle Times.