Friday, June 27, 2014

Bye for Now


I’m about to shoot a big Tibetan celebration that will be part of my ongoing labor of love: Events of the Tibetan Community in Seattle.  I’ll be so tied up by this shoot that I’m not even going to try to do blog posts for a few weeks.  I ask you to check back in late July to see what I’ve been up to.

In the mean time, the images I’m posting today are from an event I shot several weeks ago when the respected Tibetan Buddhist Lama, HH Sakya Trizin, did a teaching in Seattle. 

Photographically the day was amazing for me,  and pictures seemed to be everywhere.  The light was wonderful,  and the fleeting, visually-charged moments of humanity were many.

For me, these pictures feel like a good way for me to hint at what I’ll be working on in the coming weeks, and to say: “Bye for now. Tashi Delek!”