Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolution


A friend told me yesterday that she’s made a New Year’s promise to herself not to fret about things she can’t change, and her resolution sounded like something I should take to heart. I’ve been in a funk the past week or two about the dark and dreary and wet Seattle winter weather...and of all the things that we can’t change in life, well, the weather has to be close to #1 on the list, yes?

To be honest, the weather where I live isn’t all that bad. I was talking to my Mom on the phone last night and she told me it was something like 6 degrees (F) in Ohio yesterday, while it was around 40 here. As tiresome as it is to experience day after day of rain in the wet Pacific Northwest, bone-chilling cold, to me at least, would be way worse.

The thing about the weather is that, somewhere, somebody’s got it better, somebody's got it worse than you do.

I need to hope that, come August 15th, 2011, perhaps from 1-2 PM, the sun will come out here and Seattle will have it's rightful one hour of sunny, perfect weather. If it rains that day too, well, as my friend would point out, there’s nothing we can do about it anyway.