Wednesday, January 5, 2011

No Nap



When we last met here in the Seeing Small clubhouse, I was telling you that several people I know had gone off to cool, adventurous-sounding places (Baja, for example) for the New Year’s weekend, but that Leah and I were feeling kind of lazy and decided we’d stay home, close to the wood stove. My Mom had been here visiting Christmas week and I’d been on the go-go-go entertaining her. The weather’s been clear and chilly out. A nap near the warm fire sounded good.

Then the phone rang. A photographer friend wondered whether I wanted to do a day trip out to the Washington Coast.

I went.

Our day was as varied as the landscape we passed through. I shot panoramas of frosty trees in the cool, shaded lowlands. Later we photographed mist on beautiful Lake Crescent. And we ended our day with a hike to Second Beach, where we watched the sun set into the Pacific. It was a fine day to be out and about.

Maybe I’ll nap next weekend.