Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flirt


There are nice girls and there are naughty girls. Hazel is a bit of a tease, so I guess one would have to conclude that her ways tend toward the naughty.

Some men around here even go so far as to say that Hazel is a witch. Certainly she’s got me under some kind of spell. I think she might even be stalking me.

I look out the doors of our dining room these days and Hazel is out there, and she’s a sight to behold. It’s January -- the middle of winter, fer gawd’s sake -- yet Hazel is outside, dressed in the sexy, flirtatious colors of spring.

Yes, it’ true that our temps have been in the 50’s the past few days, unseasonably mild, and if I let my guard down, Hazel will tempt me to come out and romp around in the yard with her. But I’m a logical fellow and I know that, as quick as you can say “frostbite,” the weather can change, and temperatures more appropriate for winter season will return.

What will Hazel do if and when it gets cold again? Why she’ll freeze her bloomers off, that’s fer sure.