Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Close to the Heart


No pro shoots were on my Work Calendar for Saturday.
No hike was on my Recreation Calendar for that day either.

Leah was stuck with me for the day.

So, we drove to Bainbridge Island to shop the Farmers' Market.
Leah wound up buying a bagful of radishes,  with a Sunday plan (when I would be hiking) to make preserved relish. I wandered around with my camera and people-watched.  What caught my eye was that there were a number of individuals carrying and wearing various stuff on their chests:

A chicken was sleeping inside a kid's jacket.
A man was wearing an amazing necklace he had made of seals' teeth.
A young woman was showing off her baby goat.
Another woman had a baby human on her chest.

All these things were being worn,  or carried,  close to the heart, you might say.