Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Charmed


Most of the time when my friends and I go hiking we seem to live kind of charmed lives, weather-wise.  Though we live in the drippy Pacific Northwest, famous for rain, rain, and more rain, my friends and I generally luck out and pick a place for our day’s outing where the sun is out -- or at least we hike someplace where it’s not raining.

Sunday I thought our luck had run out.

Looking at the pictures I’m posting today from the trek we did Sunday in Hardy Canyon in Central Washington, even I am amazed that we didn’t get just absolutely dumped on. But, though we could see rain coming down in sheets off in the distance to the left and to the right, in front and behind us, all my hiking friends and I experienced were a couple of brief, light showers.

Please click on the pictures to see them at a larger, more impressive size. Those clouds were REALLY something!