Friday, August 2, 2013

Going Native


I wonder whether the pictures I’m posting today might lead a viewer to suppose that I’ve recently been off someplace colorful and exotic...New Guinea or New Zealand, perhaps?... or maybe Fiji? That I’ve been in a climate where my clothing needs were few:  A beach towel tied around my waist and flip-flops on my feet?

Is it possible that these pictures give you the idea that I’ve traveled to a land where the inhabitants might be referred to as “natives”?

‘Fraid, not, dear reader.  These pieces of photographic eye candy were found just miles from my home in the Puget Sound region of the Pacific Northwest.  I made the “Bird Woman” portrait posted above while doing a volunteer shoot at a sweet summer camp for kids with health challenges; and I shot the images below at a wedding reception.

I can’t remember for certain, but, though the weather has been nice here lately,  I’m pretty sure I made the photographs without even having to wear sunscreen (nice because there’s always the possibility that goopy sunscreen might accidentally get smeared on my expensive, nano-coated camera lenses, leading to imagery that is far too soft-focus and dreamy for my photographic style.)

Nope, I’m afraid there are no recent South Seas island experiences to report from my world, though I should hasten to add that the eye candy was a fun find... and also that I’ve resolved that next week I’m going to wear flip flops as often as possible.