Friday, August 31, 2012

So...


...Am I a lucky man, or what?

I woke up this morning and went downstairs for my breakfast and I found this: Leah had gotten up early and picked fresh blueberries from our garden and had arranged them on an amazing leaf as a morning surprise for me. I assumed that Leah picked the berries for me to put on granola, but before that could happen I felt I needed to take a photo diary picture. I moved the leaf and berries into several different spots but I didn't labor too long over the set-up because I didn't want the making of the photo to become too big of a deal. A simple, sketchbook-like picture seemed appropriate.

Looking at the resulting image, I am reminded of this: The important things in life are not things, but gestures of human kindness.

I AM a lucky man!