Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pictures for Mom


My sweet Mom’s favorite flower is the calla lily. When I go back home for a visit, I shave and shower every morning in a girly-ish guest bathroom with pink calla wallpaper, calla designs on the towels, and I wash my face with calla soap.

Don’t get me wrong: It’s not like I need NFL-logo graphics on the walls in my shower space to make me feel like a Manly-Man, but ...pink wallpaper? Geez!

Over the weekend a florist friend gave Leah and me a flower arrangement that included callas, and I knew I needed to photograph them so I could send a print to my calla-loving Mom. I can tell you exactly what will happen: Mom will frame the print I send (she has calla-motif picture frames, I’m not kidding) and I’ll hafta look at these pictures every time I visit. I mean, I like these pictures and I’m happy to have done them for my dear Mom, but...

Maybe I should pick a different subject-matter for my next photograph. I could send Mom a print of a TRUCK! Or a HOT BABE! Or a can of BEER!