Friday, January 8, 2010

Far Out, Man


I was in another part of the house and heard a “Woo-Hoo!!!” coming from the kitchen. I went to investigate and found that Leah had made cookies and now was standing at the kitchen sink, washing the baking pans. She was playing with soap suds bubbles and having way too much fun.

Poor Leah. There’s very little she can do around here that I won’t turn into a Photographic Project. When I saw the bubbles she had in the sink, the “Photo” light went on in my head, and glowed BRIGHT RED. Warning horns rang in my ears...WAH-OOH-GA...the kind of horns you hear in apocalyptic movies where there has been a catastrophic accident at a nuke plant and neighboring townspeople are supposed to Run For Their Lives. Leah's bubbles were reflecting light in a 1960’s, psychedelic, White Rabbit kind of way.

Those bubbles were WAY cool!

I pulled out my camera, a macro lens, and a tripod. There have been so many times in the past when Leah has seen me in this Possessed By Art, Red Alert kind of dream-state that, without me even having to verbalize it, she knew to "step aside little lady....make room for Mister Tripod."

I was MY turn to play in the bubbles.