Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fun's Over


I’m grumpy today. I might as well admit that up-front.
I think I’ve got a case of P.H.S.D. (Post Holiday Stress Disorder.)

I stepped on the scale yesteday and realized that I’ve gained TEN FREAKING POUNDS since Thanksgiving, so today I’m off the chocolate chip cookies, and I’ve quit beer too.

The picturesque snowfall we had for Christmas is pretty much gone now. All that’s left are a few butt-ugly piles of gravel/ice/hazardous waste crap along the
roadsides -- mounds of nasty crud that are so lacking in any natural material, they’ll probably still be around in July.

Worst of all, the balmy temps today -- it’s nearly 50 degrees out -- mean my neighbors and I have lost the we-can’t work-because-the-weather-is-bad excuse. We have put away the cross country skis and will now spend our time staring into computer display screens, being "productive."

I NEED ME A COOKIE!