Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Neighbors


My neighbors have been partyin’ lately--the kind of loud, crazy, all-night carryin’-on that makes it difficult for Leah and me to sleep. These wild individuals are fairly new to the neighborhood (I think they moved in ‘bout a week ago, near the time the weather began to get nice.) And as I lay there wide awake in bed and listen to the hubbub outside, part of me wants to open the window and shout at the party animals to turn the volume down on their housewarming revelry (I mean, they’re singin' at the top of their lungs!) Another part of me is envious ‘bout their ability to have a good time.

On top of it all, I think the neighbors might be fornicatin.' Maybe even in groups.

The new neighbors live down near a wetland on our property. Judging by the kinds of woo-ha noises I hear coming from that place (and, like I say, the volume) I’m thinking that the neighbors have a big damn family, and that they’ve also invited all their friends over--hundreds, maybe even thousands of ‘em. This is the time of year (with spring in the air and all) that Leah and I begin to think about sleeping with the bedroom window open just a crack, but no way we can do that. There’s too much party noise outside.

Yesterday, I finally got a look at one of the new neighbors (I even got me a picture of ‘em!) Probably due to his par-tay lifestyle, he looked kinda green and all bug-eyed. I don’t think this guy feels comfortable out among normal people in the daylight hours. I think he’s probably more into nocturnal activities, if you know what I mean.

Thing is, we kinda live out in the sticks, and folks here can do whatever they want.
I’m just sayin’: If this noise keeps up, I might hafta call the Sheriff.