Thursday, January 21, 2016

Vagabond Cats & Flying Fish


I told a friend I'd meet him for lunch in downtown Seattle yesterday; and, as I rode the ferry across Puget Sound toward the city, I decided I'd play a favorite game of mine:  Visitor with a Camera.

When I head to the Big City, I often factor extra time into my day, both before and after an appointment. It's always fun to use the time to poke around in some of the tourist hangouts in the city… to see if, like the ever-present visitors from out-of-town,  I might stare at things, look lost and amazed, and take a couple of pictures to share with the folks back home.

In this case, you Dear Reader, no matter where you might live,  are my "folks back home."

Many visitors take a scenic ride on a Washington State Ferry,  and for me it's a great place to look for pictures. On one recent trip I photographed an interesting man and his traveling companion (image above) on the deck of the boat, a portion of the Seattle skyline a convenient backdrop to the picture.

Tourists also flock to the Pike Market to watch the fishmongers throwing fish, and yesterday I did that too.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but it is one of my guilty pleasures, this being a Geeky Tourist. 
I'm pretty sure I will do it again soon.