Friday, April 3, 2015

Coincidence?


We photographers can get a little out-there when we talk about where in the mental cosmos our pictures come from...and, looking at the images I'm posting today, can you really blame us?

I mean, I was on two different hikes this week in visually dissimilar parts of the state -- one hike was up at an elevation of over seven thousand feet in the Cascades, while the other was at absolute sea level on Dungeness Spit -- but these two VERY similar photographs presented themselves.  Mind you, I did not intend to make "Figures in a Landscape"  images…they just happened.

This Coincidence of Content is not only puzzling to me, but also very cool.
I kind of revel in the mystery of why and how some of my pictures get made.

Sometimes, I make an exposure, knowing exactly what I'm doing.
Other times, the image-making process is serendipity,  hocus-pocus, or just plan,  gut-level, push-the-button when the-spirit says NOW!