Friday, September 19, 2014

Too Perfect


I’ve been busy-busy-busy shooting weddings lately, which has really cut into my hiking time. This business of working for a living has got to stop...and fortunately it is about to, because the “wedding season” is winding down.

The last time I was able to get up into the mountains was two weekends ago,  and it was a t-shirt and shorts kind of day with bluebird skies and views from here to forever.  If anything -- and only a photographer would make this complaint -- the weather was too perfect: Cloudless skies do not landscape photographs make.

Thus,  I’m pulling “desaturation” out of my photographer’s Bag of Tricks.  If a color photograph is boring, try making it black and white.

I might add that the North Cascades panoramas posted below are WAY more impressive when viewed larger, so please click on them.