Friday, June 28, 2013

Perfect Match


A dog named Pax came into our home and our lives a couple of weeks ago and we already love her dearly.

Pax is probably about six-years-old (that’s the best guess from our vet) and is a mixed breed with the beautiful markings of a husky but the size of a large beagle.  She has lived in several other homes that didn’t work out for various reasons, but here the dog/human match was perfect from the first time we met her and petted her soft ears and looked into her gentle brown eyes.

Pax follows us everywhere.  When I go out to the barn in the morning to feed the chickens and gather eggs, Pax waits patiently outside the barn doors while I do my chores.  Even as I type these words, she is close by, contentedly napping on the floor in my office.

There is no doubt in my mind that the humans in the homes where Pax lived previously loved her too.  As a matter of fact, Pax most recently was our son's dog but he found that he had to leave her home too much of the day, alone in an apartment while he was at work. He felt she'd be better off living with Leah and me, out in the country. It was a selfless and generous act for our son to pass Pax along to Leah and me.

We'll give Pax a good home.