Friday, September 28, 2012

Evening Light



It’s an interesting thing about fall...the way the sun sets earlier and earlier with each passing day, but, as the days seem to get shorter, the evening shadows become longer.  Mother Nature taketh away hours of light, but she giveth quality of light.  Such is life for a photographer.

Oblivious to my artistic epiphanies, Pumpkin the goat comes to the pasture gate each evening and bleats loudly to remind me that it is time for her grain, and the light is golden then.

The pasture is dry and looks in places like wheat because we’ve had so little rain this summer. No wonder Pumpkin yells for her grain.  The pasture grass must be quite unappealing to a princess who knows there is better fare in a can in the barn, if only I would only get my act together and do evening barn chores.

The light is so wonderful that, before I go to the barn, I simply must take a few pictures...which of course causes Pumpkin to raise the volume of her bleating.

Okay Pumpkin, okay.  I’ll be right there.  Just this one last frame.