Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just For Fun

I seem to be seeing in threes the past few days:

--Sunday I walked into the kitchen and noticed a pleasing pattern of three empty dog bowls (and one hungry dog, waiting patiently for one of the bowls to be filled.) I guess I was in a goofy mood but also preoccupied with all the bad economic news of late because the thought occurred to me that our dog's definition of the word "recession" is: Three straight instances of negatively-filled food bowls.

--This morning Leah left three pears on the kitchen table. She's been leaving me little visual Easter eggs quite often lately, picture possibilities hidden here and there in our house and my job as The Photographer is to take the hints and the photo.

Nothing profound here. No Great Art. Just simple pictures of everyday things, entries in my daily photo diary.

Taking these photographs is my way of keeping photography fun, making sure it's never just "a job."